Saturday, March 27, 2004

This morning I was turning into the entrance to the car park at my office and there was a big truck trying to make its way out of the entrance the opposite way. There wasnt much room, and I was following another car, so I tried to move out of my way for the truck to get by. I felt a scrape as a parked car was right beside me. I backed up and I saw the silver kei car had a scrape on its bumper.
I parked and saw a little scrape on my car too.
I wasnt going to tell anyone.

I was thinking it would be so much easier to just go to work and not say a word....and you know, I should have.
I told Mr Yoshida and he went out with me to look at the damage. Actually looking at it a second time I realised it wasnt a big scrape at all...Mr Yoshida found the owner. She works at the passport office downstairs. She is going to get a quote from the car dealers later. Mr Yoshida said it might cost about 60000-70000 yen to repair! No way!!!! And if I go for the insurance option I will have to deal with the car lease people in Gonohe (dont get me started on them) and pay extra insurance too....
I am stuck as they say, between a rock and a hard place. If I could speak the language, I would tell them that the car was parked in the wrong place....that a big truck gave me no option but to move out of its way. That a scrape on the bumper will not effect the running of the car!Ahhhhhh!