Wednesday, March 02, 2005

I hate goodbyes...
The last class with san nen sei at Nosawa was today. I had the bright idea to write a speech to say to them at the end of the class. I asked the teacher to translate it into Japanese. Half way through the English version, out came the tears, and I knew I wouldn't be able to stop. Then I tried to read the Japanese that was written down on my paper. My eyes were blurry, and I could see the girls sniffling into their handkerchiefs. I read like a child who is on beginner books. I saw Yuta wipe away a tear too (I feel bad that I made a 15 year old boy cry). But, a super cake that Jeni helped me with brought us all back to smiles as we ate and took some happy photographs. We promised over squid ball soup that we would go and sing karaoke together a couple of days after graduation. Best get to revising my Avril Lavigne songs...