Friday, October 01, 2004

I went home to England in September and I got to see the sights of London, take in a show and be surrounded by english speakers for a few days. It was quite a strange experience, and you could say that I had a bit of culture shock. If I saw someone who looked a little Japanese, or heard a desu ka? as I was on a train, I smiled. I knew I would be happy to stay in Japan for one more year.
I watched more TV in the week I was at home than I have watched the entire two years I have been in Japan. I ate more junk and take away food than I have done in Japan too. I managed to watch Supersize Me at the cinema I used to work at and I think I will never eat at McDonalds again. I also realised how expensive the UK is. The trains, Starbucks, clothes...even music seems cheaper in Japan. It was nice to be at home though, and to see English countryside and sheep and old buildings. The UK looks cool when you see it as a visitor.