Sunday, December 26, 2004

Spending Christmas day in the sun and swimming pool was a little bizarre. It didn't feel like Christmas, but it was nice to be warm and to splish in the water. I held a Boa Constrictor snake during the snake show held for the hotel guests. The snake guy liked to put the snakes in his mouth. It's funny to think of the first time he ever did that. Maybe he is just crazy.
We left Penang that night, with a brief stop off at "KL"-- so people call it.

The next day we heard about the big tsunami that hit in South East Asia. 68 people died from the water in Penang. I read that the beach we went to was hit pretty bad. I feel blessed to have escaped Penang just in time, but I also feel so sad for all the people effected by the earthquake. It was the biggest earthquake in 40 years. Watching the news each day brings sadder and sadder stories from the people who have lost their families and homes. It wakes me up a little to reality.